Monday, April 10, 2006

Navigating the Debate

Where it Started- Mostly about the exegetical approach we ought to take with Petrine passages in the NT.

Taken note of at Spruce Island- the comments are important.

My first response on the exegesis of Mt. 16:18.

Fr. Justin points to Patristic interpretations of Mt. 16:18 who don't agree with me. (I'm mildly outraged the Church Fathers have such gumption.)

I respond again on Mt. 16:18; we can derive many meanings from a single passage.

Fr. Justin replies again, broadening the debate. Some interesting thoughts on the nature of ecumenical dialogue in the comments.

Matthew Davidson (who looked at a draft of my initial argument, and gave helpful suggestions- thanks!) notes Zizoulas' thoughts on Primacy. An all-Matthew comments box (who is that mysterious guy with poor grammar?) on the differing meanings given to primacy in the East & West.

David Pasivirta reflects on the debate and the Canucks and I dive in with a comment on why we ought to argue.

I finally reply on a few different issues- interpreting Scripture with the Fathers, Patristics Western-Style, and some thoughts on the History of the Papacy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr. P said...

sweet, its kind of like being an editor at a conference, putting together a book.

April 11, 2006 10:00 AM  
Blogger RW said...

Will you come to St. Hermans to celebrate Pascha with us?

April 18, 2006 9:16 PM  
Blogger gabriel said...

Regrettably, I've exams on Monday & Tuesday, which I must study for, so it will have to wait a few weeks.

April 19, 2006 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home