Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Reading the Blogs

It's very pleasant in St. Blogs, by and large. But venture out into the wild wastes of political blogs, and it becomes much less so. As I've mentioned before, I've been enjoying reading Rod Dreher's Crunchy Cons blog. Unfortunately, because Rod doesn't fit neatly into one political camp or the other, his blog attracts a number of people on both sides of the political and cultural divides, resulting in fireworks. As an observation, I'd say that the balance of vitriol lies with the left, and the cultural left in particular.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! I would have to agree. Sometimes I think I've wandered into the Kos on CC.

Why is it that liberals are so aggressive on a conservative blog?

September 22, 2006 11:23 PM  
Blogger gabriel said...

I have a secret theory as to that, and it's this: liberals just aren't, on average as good and reasonable people as conservatives.

There's certainly ample room to show jerks on both sides of the ledger, but I think the reasonable and decent folk on the left are more rare than such people among the conservative camp

September 26, 2006 12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home