Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A Miscellany

A trifle late, but yesterday marked the memorial of King Charles, Martyr whose death was remembered by our Anglican friends. Of course, we can all learn from the wise words of King Charles, so oft forgot these days, which he said upon the scaffold: "A subject and a sovereign are clean different things."

There's word of a big confab of the SSPX on Thursday. Things look interesting. Don't forget that the Traditional Anglican Communion is holding its Synod in Rome this month (though I've heard the timeline is likely to take at least another year before we see unification).

I got ahold of the new First Things, which has much on which I might comment.

Well, I'm hoping to have time to put together a post on ecumenism in the near future. My apologies for the blog being weighted towards links recently.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Francis said...

Is this the new one with Cardinal Dulles "From Ratzinger to Benedict" article it it? I'm looking forward to that one.

February 02, 2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger gabriel said...

You bet- just finished the article, and I'll post an excerpt this evening.

February 02, 2006 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home